Monday, August 17, 2015

Finishing a Trilogy

Yesterday I completed the first draft of Daughter of Deaths, completing The Scythe Wielder's Secret trilogy. This series of books has consumed my writing life for the past four years, and there is still the editing process and of course marketing.

Typing the final words of the novel was difficult. A sense of sadness crept into me, knowing that I'm not going to be working with a group of characters I've come to know and even care about. Watching the twists and turns of this plot and seeing the characters grow and develop from simple ideas to complex entities has been immensely rewarding. I am excited to see how the three novels are received by the public, once all three are published. And of course, I now move on to many new and exciting books and genres.


2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read Book Three. This is the second much-loved series that I'm waiting on book 3 (final books) from. I'll be sad when both end. (The other is the Shards of History series by Rebecca Roland).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks HeatherAnne, I saw the review and I'm really glad you enjoyed the novels. Daughter of Deaths should hopefully come out some time next year. :-)

      Delete