Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Winter Escape



On Saturday morning, Rachel and I drove to Luray for a three-day retreat with a group of 36 Young Adults (20s and 30s) from several Unitarian churches in the DC area.  Rachel was one of the organizers, and I helped as well.  It was a wonderful experience, although the two of us mostly did our own things, and didn't participate in too many of the workshops.  The group was divided into two houses in Shenendoah Park, up in the mountains.  After settling in, Rachel and I went to Luray Caverns, which I hadn't visited since I was a young kid.  Rachel had never been to caverns like that at all.  We had fun.  Then we relaxed in the hot tub.  Sunday began with a worship service, but we skipped the other workshops to hike around the woods.  We baked some cakes for everyone, then had a talent show (I sang) and dance party.  On Monday, the mountains around us looked pretty, covered in a bit of snow.  After the closing activities, Rachel and I drove to a winery before heading back home.  It was great to meet so many fun people, and though short, it was a nice break.

No comments:

Post a Comment