Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Good and Bad


Sunday, October 2nd, was a day with positives and negatives. The morning was difficult. I took the bus to Heathrow and had to say goodbye to Rachel. Our time together was wonderful, truly one of the best weeks of my life so far. After Rachel went through security, I took a two hour tube ride to King's Cross Station. I went to platforms nine and ten, only to find that the Harry Potter cart was actually outside the station, and despite the cool picture, really not very exciting. I had lunch in Covent Garden, then walked through Trafalgar, eventually going to the Globe. I bought a return ticket for the final show of the Globe's season: Christopher Marlowe's "Dr Faustus". I had never been to the Globe- I saw them building it from St Paul's in the 90s, and had always wanted to see a show there. I was thrilled to be at this show, which was fantastic. Arthur Darvill, a Dr Who actor, played Metastophones, and was very good. I took Millennium Bridge back at night, but my camera had run out of batteries. Overall, the day was good, though still sad to say goodbye to Rachel.

No comments:

Post a Comment