Thursday, September 29, 2011

Romance in Rome


On Friday the 22nd, I flew to Rome, one of my favorite cities. I arrived at the bed and breakfast Suites Trastevere late that night. The following day, I woke early and walked around the city, visiting the Forum, which was free. I then went to the airport to pick up my wonderful girlfriend Rachel. Rachel and I settled in the hotel, then walked the city, visiting the Campo di Fiore and Piazza Navonna among other things. We had dinner at a wonderful restaurant called the Station, right outside our b and b. The food was the best I've had in years, and it was the only restaurant in Rome we actually went to twice. I knew this was the beginning of perhaps the best week of my life to date.

1 comment:

  1. Great photos! But the city is falling apart! All those ruins- someone ought to do something about it...haha... :-)

    ReplyDelete